Socrates Said," Let foods be your medicine and let medicine be your foods". Let us all practice the values of the past wisdom to build a letter living and living health while we enjoy the delicious drinks
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
The Incredible and Curable Smoothie of Cooked Tomatoes and Green Tea for Prostate cancer
Kyle J. Norton(Scholar)
Health article writer and researcher; Over 10.000 articles and research papers have been written and published on line, including world wide health, ezine articles, article base, healthblogs, selfgrowth, best before it's news, the karate GB daily, etc.,.
Named TOP 50 MEDICAL ESSAYS FOR ARTISTS & AUTHORS TO READ by Disilgold.com Named 50 of the best health Tweeters Canada - Huffington Post
Nominated for shorty award over last 4 years
Some articles have been used as references in medical research, such as international journal Pharma and Bio science, ISSN 0975-6299.
The smoothie for people with High blood Cholesterol and high risk of the syndrome
Yield: 2 serving (about 8 ounce each)
1 1/2 cups COOKED tomatoes
1 cup green tea drink (Make from 4 grams(2 tea bags) of green tea, a slice of ginger and a cup of hot water lipped for 5 minutes, and set aside for cooling to room temperature)
1. Place the COOKed tomatoes, green tea, in a blender and puree about 1 minute
2. Blend on high speed about 1 minute or until the mixture is thick and the ice is well crushed. Add more green tea drink if needed
3. Serve immediately
The dream of finding the natural ingredient for prevention and treatment of prostate cancer with adverse effects in replacement of chemotherapy has not been abated. Some ingredients have to discard due to it can achieve the same potent results in human trials.
The widespread of prostate cancer, once considered a disease of aging male, now have become major concerns of governments and scientific community in South East Asian with tendency to effect even younger age population.
Prostate cancer is defined as a condition in which the cells of prostate has become cancerous, causing abnormal cell growth with possibility of spreading to the distant parts of the body. Most prostate cancers are slow growing. Enlarged prostate and prostate cancer may be detected during physical (rectum) exams.
Recent study suggested that combination of tomato and green tea may have a potent and pharmaceutical values for treatment of prostate cancer, probably due to tomatoes' and green tea's phytochemicals lycopene(1) and catchins(2)
Tomato is a red, edible fruit, genus Solanum, belongs to family Solanaceae, native to South America. Because of its health benefits, tomato is grown world wide for commercial purpose
and often in green house.
Intake large amount of cooked tomatoes has shown effectively in reduced risk(4) and for treatment of patient with prostate cancer(1). The Royal Victoria Hospital and McGill University, in the review of 11 case-control studies and 10 cohort studies or nested case-control studies presented data on the use of tomato, tomato products, or lycopene and met our inclusion criteria, said, "tomato products may play a role in the prevention of prostate cancer. However, this effect is modest and restricted to high amounts of tomato intake"(3).
Furthermore, in a Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis, the finding of the lycopene as an antioxidant agent with potential anticancer and anti prostate cancer progression properties only with the concentration of circulating lycopene between 2.17 and 85 μg/dL(5).
In fact, epidemiological studies also suggested that lycopene effectively in regulating cell growth, on a prostate cancer cell line expressing the androgen receptor(6), stopping cell proliferation of human prostate cancer cell line PC-3(7) and inhibiting adhesion and migration properties of the cells(8).
Green tea has been a precious drink in traditional Chinese culture and used exceptional in socialization for more than 4000 thousand years. Due to its commercial values and health effects, green tea now has been cultivated all over the world in suitable climate.
Green tea catechins, one of the major phytochemical constituent showed effectively in treating premalignant lesions before development of prostate cancer (CaP) and reducing symptoms of benign prostate hyperplasia, according to the University of Parma(2).
Dr. Bettuzzi S and the research team at the University of Parma, insisted, Green Tea Catechins (GTCs) can be used as first line prevention therapy for treatment of high risk of Prostate cancer (CaP) in in combination with the 8-genes signature profiling in tissue needle biopsies(9).In deed, in prostate cancer cell lines, such as PNT1a, LNCaP and PC3, green tea catechins, induced cell deaths(10), cancer cell apoptosis(11) as well as exhibited protection against oxidative DNA damage and stress in human prostate cause of prostate cancer(12).
Men who are at increased of prostate cancer due to family history or gene mutation .....should drink at least one cup daily and men with prostate cancer should drink the smoothie as much as they can, depending to digestive toleration.
Change life style and diet pattern are also recommended.
All Forms of Arthritis are Curable
You Can Eliminate Osteoarthritis
By addressing the Underlying Causes through Clinical Trials and Studies
Ovarian Cysts And PCOS Elimination
Holistic System In Existence That Will Show You How To
Permanently Eliminate All Types of Ovarian Cysts Within 2 Months
Back to General health http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca/p/general-health.html
Back to Kyle J. Norton Home page http://kylejnorton.blogspot.ca
(1) Lycopene/tomato consumption and the risk of prostate cancer: a systematic review and meta-analysis of prospective studies by Chen J1, Song Y, Zhang L.(PubMed)
(2) Chemoprevention of human prostate cancer by oral administration of green tea catechins in volunteers with high-grade prostate intraepithelial neoplasia: a preliminary report from a one-year proof-of-principle study by Bettuzzi S1, Brausi M, Rizzi F, Castagnetti G, Peracchia G, Corti A.(PubMed)
(3) The role of tomato products and lycopene in the prevention of prostate cancer: a meta-analysis of observational studies by Etminan M1, Takkouche B, Caamaño-Isorna F.(PubMed)
(4) Tomato products, lycopene, and prostate cancer risk by Miller EC1, Giovannucci E, Erdman JW Jr, Bahnson R, Schwartz SJ, Clinton SK.(PubMed)
(5) Lycopene and Risk of Prostate Cancer: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis by Chen P1, Zhang W, Wang X, Zhao K, Negi DS, Zhuo L, Qi M, Wang X, Zhang X.(PubMed)
(6) Serum from rats fed red or yellow tomatoes induces Connexin43 expression independently from lycopene in aprostate cancer cell line by Gitenay D1, Lyan B, Talvas J, Mazur A, Georgé S, Caris-Veyrat C, Rock E.(PubMed)
(7) [Effect of lycopene on proliferation and cell cycle of hormone refractory prostate cancer PC-3 cell line].[Article in Chinese] by Wang A1, Zhang L.(PubMed)
(8) Lycopene treatment of prostate cancer cell lines inhibits adhesion and migration properties of the cells by Elgass S1, Cooper A1, Chopra M1.(PubMed)
(9) Clinical relevance of the inhibitory effect of green tea catechins (GtCs) on prostate cancer progression in combination with molecular profiling of catechin-resistant tumors: an integrated view.
Bettuzzi S1, Rizzi F, Belloni L.(PubMed)
(10) Polyphenon E(R), a standardized green tea extract, induces endoplasmic reticulum stress, leading to death of immortalized PNT1a cells by anoikis and tumorigenic PC3 by necroptosis by Rizzi F1, Naponelli V, Silva A, Modernelli A, Ramazzina I, Bonacini M, Tardito S, Gatti R, Uggeri J, Bettuzzi S.(PubMed)
(11) Epigallocatechin-3-gallate promotes apoptosis and expression of the caspase 9a splice variant in PC3 prostate cancer cells by Hagen RM1, Chedea VS, Mintoff CP, Bowler E, Morse HR, Ladomery MR.(PubMed)
(12) Protection against oxidative DNA damage and stress in human prostate by glutathione S-transferase P1 by Kanwal R1, Pandey M, Bhaskaran N, Maclennan GT, Fu P, Ponsky LE, Gupta S.(PubMed)